I never got into the whole journaling thing so I think this is where I will put my thoughts...

Friday, February 17, 2006

Life's Questions

So the other week I was downtown with Jacob and as we were walking we saw a sign on a restraunt advertising a free 2L Pepsi with any takeout order. Now before I go on, let me just say that I have never been inside this restaurant, nor will I never go in one. This is just merely one of those weird thoughts that you get.

They establishment in question was Hooters. Now I know what your thinking, take out food at hooters? What up with that. When I saw this sign I had two thoughts.

1) The kind of person who would go to hooters for a meal is probably the kind of person who doesn't go there for the food if you know what I mean. They probably go there for the waitresses.

2) The second thought I had was what kind of food would a person order at Hooters that it would be so good that they would want it at home?

I mean I think they are famous for chicken wings or beer or something. So if you want chicken wings there are many other places that have better chicken wings and also deliver, and if you want beer then just go to the beer store...

This puzzled me as a restaraunt that is famous for something other than food, suddenly starts to deliver, then what is our worlds food standards coming to.

I mean it is all well in good to pick up a Big Mac or a Wendy's burger on your way home from work, but if you are going to go through the trouble of ordering food and probably forking out $20-30 bucks, you probably could find better tasting food then from Hooters...

Anyways, let me know what you all think... I found this very weird...

7 Comments:

Blogger *sPARKLY~sARAH* said...

My thoughts are: When it comes to Hooters, people just don't think (I am talking about the restuarant here).

I can't remember what I was watching on T.V., but there was a former Hooters waitress being interviewed, and she said she quit because she was constantly sexually harrassed while working at Hooters.

Umm . . .HELLO!!! I mean I could be lost, but what do you expect if you're a waitress at HOOTERS???

Seriously, people just don't think.

6:47 PM

 
Blogger Sgt Steve said...

ok, first off. Hooters is not a strip club, you see more lesh at the beach. but I'm not saying its a great place to go either. their food sucks!!! i been twice with my "other" friends and it was crap. The waitress was hitting on us, and like kept dropping stuff (on purpose) as she walked past our table, probably hoping for a bigger tip. YIK!! I have no idea why people would order their food take out, cause is crap. but their is srtange people out there you know. meh

3:43 PM

 
Blogger Linda Hope said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:09 PM

 
Blogger Linda Hope said...

Jonny dear...

If a "resturant" had any level of food quality and taste that would include itself in the very generous, loosely used, relative and undiscriptive word, such as "good", it wouldnt need to lure it's clients in with offers of 2L coke.

Nor would they need to if their "staff" were "exceptional" in any way (Which is what Hooters boasts of).

Hence, you just witnessed an establishment grasping at straws and on its way down the toilet!

Poor Hooters..
hehee!!

8:12 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Linda, you sound kind of bitter here. Did you get fired from hooters or something?

You can tell us, we are all friends here.

12:36 PM

 
Blogger Andrew G said...

to clear my name, someone has decided to post using my name... ahem... pudd

anyway Jon,
I think you should apply for a job there and then sue them for discrimination when you don't get hired!

11:40 PM

 
Blogger Jake-M said...

Andrew...I have some tough news to share with you...It was me! I had such a fun time convincing you that it was Pudd, but the good times have to end.

I realized that I ran the risk of defaming two people at once, and that was more than I could bear.

Maybe to make it up to you guys we could go out to eat at Hooters!

3:50 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home