I never got into the whole journaling thing so I think this is where I will put my thoughts...

Friday, January 14, 2005

My New Goal

So I've been feeling the need to start writing some songs for worship and stuff, and I have decided that I will try to write one song a week. I know that I probably won't be able to do it, but at least I want to start a couple songs, and just get a sense of where God is taking me.

Yesterday I started and kind of cheated. I took a John Mayer song "Your Body is a Wonderland", and I turned it into a little christian diddy. It's kind of cool, ask me and I'll show you the lyrics.

Pray for me, and keep me in check so I don't start slacking.


4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd have to say COOL!! I'd also have to say that i don't believe it is cheating because everyone has to start somewhere, and I'd say you wrote lyrics which is a huge part of the song!! Plus who better to cover?? I mean he rocks,and you have simular sound as you've been told on numerous occasions! Yup, I think it GOOD!! I give 2 thumbs up good sir...
;o)
Beck

10:07 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Post that song on your blog for the underpriviledged who can't see you in person (tha'd be me)! How the heck can you change a dodgey song like "your body is a wonderland?" I'm kind of curious.

Don't stop writing songs J, and don't compare yourself to other people. =)

12:44 AM

 
Blogger Andrew G said...

what did you change the words to?? "my jesus is a really nice God"?

DUDE, keep writing. Write. Write. Write. don't stop. don't write stuff off because it sounds cheesy, or country, or funny.

12:26 PM

 
Blogger Linda Hope said...

ANDREW YOU ARE A BUM!!! Hahaa!

9:35 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home