I never got into the whole journaling thing so I think this is where I will put my thoughts...

Monday, December 13, 2004

How to Be a Success

Well, in my last leaders cell with Jason, he gave me this article that was in some business magazine. I love it. It helps with business leadership and also leadership in general. Give it a read and tell me what you think.

  1. How you think is everything: Always be positive. THink success, not faliure. Berware of a negative enviroment.
  2. Decide upon your true dreams and goals: Write down your specific goals and develope a plan to reach them.
  3. Take Action: Goals are nothing without action. Don't be afraid to get started, just do it!
  4. Never Stop Learning: Go back to school or read books. Get trainning and aquire skills.
  5. Be Persosotant and Work Hard: Success is a marathon, not a sprint. Never give up.
  6. Learn to Analyse Details: Get all the facts, all the input. Learn from your mistakes.
  7. Focus Your Time and Money: Don't let other people or things distract you.
  8. DOn't Be Afraid to Innovate; Be Different: Following the herd is a sure way to mediocrity. (Jonofied- If your not the lead dog then the view is always the same)
  9. Deal and Communicate with people effectively: No person is an island. Learn to understand and motivate others.
  10. Be Honest and Dependable; Take Responsiblity: Otherwise, 1-9 won't matter!

S o ya, these things are so cool and have already helped me to see where I need improvement in my leadership skills.

1 Comments:

Blogger Linda Hope said...

ooh I like this!! Yes, i totally agree, and i realized i need to work on #s: 2,3,4,5,6,7,8 & 10...yup, now on my way...hahaa!!

Cho

11:39 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home