I never got into the whole journaling thing so I think this is where I will put my thoughts...

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Vacation

Hey Y'all... So it is day 6 of my vacation (with Andrew, Jordan, and Jacob) and so far it has been amazing!!! I have seen parts of Canada that I have never seen before. I have done things I would never have dreamed doing. We started the trip off by driving from Toronto to St. Stephen, which is all in all a 12 hour drive. We spent the night and then early the next morning we drove 7 hours to Cape Split. We then hiked 2 and a bit hours with 40 plus lb packs to our camp site right on the edge of the Bay of Fundy. We spent the next two and a bit days camping and cooking and walking and sleeping. We then walked the 2 miles back and drove the 7 hour back, to St. Stephen where we are currently staying and enjoying ourselves. Today we went cliff jumping where I actually jumped off of a 20 foot cliff!!! We went to Walmart in Maine, and then went to St. Andrew for Dinner. Tomorrow we are off to Montreal where we got an amazing deal on a 4 star hotel room, so we should have a good day and a bit exploring the streets of Montreal. More to come later...

List of Firsts...

1st time in New Brunswick
1st time to see Nova Scotia (I had been in the airport before but that doesn't count)
1st time to camp without stove
1st time to burn Mr. Noodles
1st time to jump off cliff (into water)
1st time to order and eat a veggie sub in French!!!
I'm sure I am forgetting something, but hey I can write more later..

Peace out!!!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice, descriptive post! It's making me want to go on a rugged camping trip. Cliff jumping...that's insanely fun.What other stuff did you guys do?

12:00 PM

 
Blogger Andrew G said...

Yes, yes Jon. It was a really good trip.

thanks for keeping the blog-world alive dude... it is appreciated!

BTW, i've got a really good photo of your suntanned back against your really white A$$. Let me know if you want a copy'

;-)

11:46 PM

 
Blogger Sgt Steve said...

ya dude, capre split is the bee's knees!!! glad to hear of your good times!

6:25 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home