I never got into the whole journaling thing so I think this is where I will put my thoughts...

Saturday, May 20, 2006

AFRICA WRAP UP

So (ya steve I know start most of my blogs like that) I am in the Airport in Jo'burg South Africa and I have a ridiculos 10 hour wait for my plane to London where i have a 12 hour lay over for Toronto where I will hopefully get back Sunday PM!!!

Anyways Malawi was awesome, and I will have pictures on my flicker real soon...

Day 1) Landed in SA and drove to Pretoria where we spent the night in this cool little bed and breakfast. Had a meal and slept. Woke up had a meal and got to the airport where we had to take 2 little planes to Liliongwe Malawi.

Day 2) Got to Liliongwe and got picked up and driven to this really cool lodge where we had our own little place complete with servants!!! Ate dinner and slept

Day 3-7) Got up went to the ILSOM and came home and slept. Nothing to say other than WOW!!! We first walked in and people had some much opression and sadness and by Fri PM they all had huge smiles and were filling each with the good ole HS (Holy Spirt)

Day 8-9) FLYING WAITING FLYING WAITING FLYING WAITING...

Other Areas of interest:

FOOD: Every meal of every day was;

Chicken, or Fish (Chombo... I found out that chomba means weed so I had a few people giving me dirty looks when I ask for what I thought was fish) with rice, ensima, and what looked like collared greens. It was good, but man to I need a Fish Panang.

Shopping:

Went to a market and had a great time. I got a sweet chiefs chair and some Guggi not Gucci watched for like $1. It was amazing. Had a weird smell though, but hey it's Africa.


I am running out of battery on my computer so I will see in a day or so.

Peace Out!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger James said...

YO JON!
That is completely awesome about what God is doing there man. It sounds like you guys had a great time there. Looking forward to the pictures and stories! See ya!
James

11:36 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home