I never got into the whole journaling thing so I think this is where I will put my thoughts...

Sunday, June 27, 2004

Davy Jones Locker

Well, It is I, and I come back from my fantabulous weekend of rafting. The day was great, it was warm and sunny, except for a quick rain storm.

Anyways, as some of you might know there is a huge rapid that is the highest commercially run rapid in North America. Anyways as my boat went to start our run with the rapid, we started off terribly. We missed the drop down point and therefore was off course. We went up a 15 foot wave and our boat flipped. Yes it's true we flipped, everybody in the whole boat got tossed, and sucked down to the bottom of the river. I was under for what seemed like a lifetime, but in actual fact it was about 10-15 seconds. About 50 yards later, I was still under the water and just as I got to the top to get a breath of air, another, yes another huge 10 foot wave crashed down on me. I was then under for another 10 - 15 seconds, but I still haven't had a chance to breath yet. Anyways, by the time I surface, and get a breath in, I realize that the current is very strong and I am going pretty darn fast down the river. To my glee the motor rescue boat saw me and came my way. However it failed to stop early enough and it ran right over top of me. Anyway after the whole ordeal, I was pulled to safety, without out one thing. My trusted water shoe!!!

Anyway the trip ended and all I had was a belly full of lake water. Anyway thanks to the rafting company, we got out on the Quebec side of the Ottawa river, so I was able to enjoy a celebratory beer!!!!!

All in all trip was amazing and I want to go later in August.... Start saving your money people!!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home