I never got into the whole journaling thing so I think this is where I will put my thoughts...

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Bursting My Bubble

So as you may have read in my previous post, I was very excited about this great meal that I had and was very excited about going their again. Well yesterday I was talking with Linda Cho who mentioned that she will never eat their again. I was stricken with shock as Linda had been one of the biggest advertisers of this place and now she will never go back... What is going wrong in this world? So I then asked her why and she gave me this whole schpeal about how bad eating that much meat is for you and how the food isn't really Korean it is just some Chinese knock off...

Needless to say this was a traumatic experience for me as I was ready to move next door to this restaurant so I could eat their every day... Well, all I have to say is that my bubble is now burst. I still want to go but it just doesn't seem to be that good anymore. I don't blame Linda at all because she was just stating her opinion and was in no way trying to push them on to me, but I just find it a little upsetting that one of my foody friends has been swayed by the healthy side...

Pray for me... Or better yet pray that I will find a new restaurant that will fill the gap that is left in my heart....

8 Comments:

Blogger beth said...

I'm not saying anything. ok, I am.
Just don't move next door to the LCBO and drink your disapointment away...try to remember the good times you had there...you know...make a shrine of...meat.

ew.
better idea! Go there for your birthday so that people HAVE to go so as not to reject you. Poof! I'm writing a book, that's it...
B:)

3:12 PM

 
Blogger Jake-M said...

Do you listen to every criticism anyone gives? No offense, Linda, in this case you are probably right.
But Jon, really now. Let's see...um...driving is really bad for the environment. You should really probably never set foot in a vehicle ever again.

Oh this is fun. What else???

Poop smells bad. You should never poop again.

Anyone else have a suggestion for Jon?

4:27 PM

 
Blogger Jon L said...

I wasn't really that upset... Nor will it affect my decision, I just wanted to see what kind of reaction I could get.

7:02 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok Jake-oh. Ease up on the throttle there...

That being said, I'll go with you Jon. Yeah-you, Ben, Ben and I. It'll be an event.

11:22 PM

 
Blogger Jake-M said...

I see...and now I have fallen into your trap, your web of deceit and lies. Actually, it's pretty comfortable here. I think I'll stay over.

12:08 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh, I love you Jake.

I have a suggestion for Jon. Stop playing Guitar, because your fingers hurt after playing alot. :P

Anyway, about the whole "Too much meat" comment, I think that Linda could of been speaking from her personal eating standards, which may or may not confide well with you Jon.

After all, God, didn't create us to be Vegetarians. So my advice to you is, go eat that meat!

Just don't over-indulge though, too much of a great thing like Korean/Chinese knockoff meat is not a good thing.

Cheers

11:19 AM

 
Blogger Andrew G said...

it just breaks my heart Jon...

sniff sniff

where's those ministry people with kleenex?

11:22 AM

 
Blogger Linda Hope said...

Hey, what's with the "Let's persecute Linda Cho" thing going on??


Hahaa!! Just kidding...oh Jon, i am sorry for bursting your bubble, but hey, that meat sat in our throats for like 9 hours...and still, we woke up the next morning with rotting beef still loitering around in our colons and intestines...NASTY! Com'on...it's ruined my digestion for weeks now, that can't be good for you...and still being very foody, i havent gotten around to eating just spinach salads to reverse the evil effects of our trip to the "Korean" Grill House... :(

I'm sure we will find a replacement...as they say, there are many fish in the sea... :) Haha!

12:50 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home