I never got into the whole journaling thing so I think this is where I will put my thoughts...

Monday, September 13, 2004

School and Work Is Getting in the Way of Serious Fun!

So anyways it's monday afternoon and I'm sitting in my school computer lab trying to kill a couple hours before my next class. Anywho, I looked back on the last couple days and I am realizing that I missing out on some serious good times. Friday night was youth and I was all excited to go, when I realized that yes I had to work. Saturday night saw all of my friends go to Nathan's farewell party, but alas I had to work. Sunday night say yet another party for the soon to be missed Sarah Dailey, and yet again I had to work!!! Even today as I sit in school, I am missing out on the bookstore farewell party for both Nathan and Sarah. I seriously thinking of ditching some school and or hawking my shifts in the bookstore off on someone else. I missed a crap load of fun. My only consolation was that I did get to train a certain someone in the bookstore, so it was amuzing.

Another humerous thing happened on SUnday night though. I strole into work at about 5:30 (it was actaully like 10 min to 6, bubt don't tell Lyla), only to find hundreds and maybe even thousands of middle aged women to be swarming the church. At first I was like "oh crap, is it like releasers of life or something", or "Man, there must be some huge sports game that I'm missing, cause all the guys are at home". To my surprise there was a concert on. Yes the 1950's baptist musical stylings of Terry Macalmon was a foot, or a hand. All those middle aged women were flocking just to hear the really fake and terrible drum machine, and the over produced and over exagerated prayers that Terry brings. Its really bad(in my opinion) so I was quite happy to get out of there as fast as I could!!! Anyways, since he was here it ment that everyone and there uncle would like to buy like everything he has ever made, so of course I'm there to oblidge them. It was little ole me and Beck ( who just started on Friday) left standing to fight off the hords. It was crazy!!!! We sold like 1000 cd's and like 200 DVD's and tones more crap. At the end of the night I had to count like 100 twenty dollar bills. It was freaking scary.

So anyways that was the last few days of my life, and boy were they weird, and yet very enjoyable!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jlo, no need to tell the world about your new little friend, cause Jeremy just kind of did it for you.
I'm really sad you couldn't come to one of our million goodbye parties. You were missed at all of them! You should know that I will miss you too! You don't ever have to be anything but yourself because you're cool & unique and you know it! You're a hero to many!

2:32 PM

 
Blogger Jon L said...

Thanks Jeremy for letting the cat out of the bag.... Nobody knew.... and yes Sarah I will miss your endless stories of how so and so did something to someone and other stuff like that. You are my hero!

5:29 PM

 
Blogger Andrew G said...

Jon,


sorry baby, but Terry-Mac is looking for a background guitarist, and I told him you'd be interested in touring with him. I hope you don't mind!

At least Beck will be jealous because all the old chicks will be trying to hit on you!

10:41 PM

 
Blogger Jon L said...

Man, I think I would have to give up guitar if that happened. Besides he probably has like a cheezy acoustic track the runs along side his drum track...

11:54 AM

 
Blogger beth said...

well actually sounds like you're not missing all the fun... get to train beck! wink wink. happy for you. maija

1:09 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home