I never got into the whole journaling thing so I think this is where I will put my thoughts...

Monday, March 19, 2007

THE BEST COMEBACK LINE EVER!
>
> Marine Corps General Reinwald was interviewed on the radio the other day
and
> you'll love his reply to the lady who interviewed him concerning guns and
> children. Regardless of how you feel about gun laws you gotta love
this!!!!
> This is one of the best comeback lines of all time. It is a portion of
> National Public Radio (NPR) interview between a female broadcaster and US
> Marine Corps General Reinwald who was about to sponsor a Boy Scout Troop
> visiting his military installation.
>
>
> FEMALE INTERVIEWER: So, General Reinwald, what things are you going to
teach
> these young boys when they visit your base?
>
>
> GENERAL REINWALD: We're going to teach them climbing, canoeing, archery,
and
> shooting.
>
>
> FEMALE INTERVIEWER: Shooting! That 's a bit irresponsible, isn't it?
>
>
> GENERAL REINWALD: I don't see why, they'll be properly supervised on the
> rifle range.
>
>
> FEMALE INTERVIEWER: Don't you admit that this is a terribly dangerous
> activity to be teaching children?
>
>
> GENERAL REINWALD: I don't see how. We will be teaching them proper rifle
> discipline before they even touch a firearm.
>
>
> FEMALE INTERVIEWER: But you're equipping them to become violent killers.
>
>
> GENERAL REINWALD: Well, Ma'am, you're equipped to be a prostitute, but
> you're not one, are you?
>
>
> The radio went silent and the interview ended.
>
>
> You gotta love the Marines!


Courtesy of Sam Dumcum...

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh man-that was ridiculous.

And that guy's right-regardless of my (unashamedly liberal and Liberal) stance on gun control and other fun issues, I do indeed love that comeback.

Although I'm concerned it gets a shade sexist-but I hope not. We'll just have to see how the women take this one...

8:26 PM

 
Blogger Sgt Steve said...

Oh man, that IS the best line ever. I'm so gonna use it some day. well, maybe not, i dunno. I was trying to think of what that dude was gonna say as i read through the interview. But that totally caught me off gaurd. HA!!

Oh and Matt, guys are "equipt" to be prostitutes as well. So techincally I don't think that is a sexist comment. But I could be wrong.

HAAAAAAAAAA!!! (still laughing)

5:11 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You need to update man.... you are worse than me...haha

7:45 AM

 
Blogger snoopy said...

(almoSt)

upDATEeeeeeeeeeee

2:13 AM

 
Blogger Andrew G said...

why doth you not blog anymore?

12:10 PM

 
Blogger Brendan Daniel Serez said...

I'm pretty sure a better comeback line has been invented since this blog was written.....which would make this post inaccurate

just a thought.

7:35 AM

 
Blogger Andrew G said...

has this blog died?

2:33 PM

 
Blogger Brendan Daniel Serez said...

seriously.....

6:16 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home